One of the missions of the Kevin Apuzzio Memorial Foundation is to provide scholarships to those following in Kevin's footsteps. Specifically, the scholarships are open to NJ Firefighters and/or EMT-B/Ps attending an accredited 4-year college or university, working on their baccalaureate (or higher) degree. The scholarship amount for 2020 is $1000. The application deadline is April 30th, 2020.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a NJ Firefighter 1 and / or NJ EMT-B/P certified and active on a fire company or EMS agency for more then 18 months.
- Have maintained a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
In order to complete the application, the following supporting documents need to be obtained:
- Letter of good standing from a chief or highest ranking officer of your organization. (Download)
- A copy of your NJ Firefighter 1 and / or EMT certification.
- An unofficial copy of your college transcript. (Please redact your Social Security and Birthday from the document).
- A prepared, 1,000 word essay written on the following prompt:
"In your emergency service experience, describe a difficult situation you encountered. Explain how you over came the situation and if / how the situation shaped you into the emergency responder you are today."
For those that meet these qualifications and have all your supporting documentation ready, please register for an account on this site and proceed to the application form by clicking the link below.